Most common workplace injury’s are easily preventable, but as therapists, do we take time to care for ourselves? I often speak to massage therapists, that we knowingly get paid to massage and look after others, but never have a massage or treatment ourselves.
RSI and back pain are avoidable. A video made by Professional Beauty TV explains some basic exercises that we can do to keep you in tip top shape.
Local therapist Michaela say ‘
- Working out at the gym, build muscle and engage your core
- Take regular breaks
- Book massage clients over the course of the day and not ‘back to back’
- Exercises for RSI and workplace injury
- Self Care-Take a massage or treatment yourself!
Some of you know I have another business in Mental Health First Aid Training. One of the main topics we talk about are self care. How to you take care of yourself as a therapist? Do you take time out and get a treatment for yourself? Sometimes I think ‘oh I’m fine’ or ‘Ill book that next week’ but next week never comes. For the past 9 months, I’ve been having a physio at home for regular treatment. I re book the treatment every month and its a nice little treat as well as caring for myself. You cant pour from a empty cup!
Workplace injury can be reduced and prevent time off, create a happier therapist and happy clients!
A treat for you therapists
Book a massage, facial or body treatment with Ella or Katie in salon and receive a free upgrade.
- Back Neck and Shoulder £15 FREE upgrade to aromatherapy
- Classic Facial £25 FREE upgrade to Luxury 1 hour
- Full Body Scrub £23 FREE Back Cleanse
If you would like to enrol onto a massage course, learn about body treatments or have a look into extra services you can provide click here.